- Redeveloping bus drivers’ disibility awareness training to be more practical than theory based and involve people with reduced mobility in the training.
- Improving guidance for dri…vers via the London Buses handbook
- Introducing a requirement for bus drivers to display identification
- Introducing more publicity on buses (I think they mean notices)
- In the future, to introduce a new fleet of buses which have flip-up chairs, to reduce demand for the wheelchair bay.
I am most pleased by these developments – mission part accomplished! Now, we need to ensure that these initiatives are implemented. And we are not quite finished…